Sunday, November 7, 2010

Canker Sores, ugh!

Does anyone else suffer from the horrible buggars?! Apparently there is no cure, it takes about 3 weeks for one to heal and go away. And there is no known cause, though stress and tart foods and toothpastes with sodium lauryl sulfate are suspected in some fashion.

I am currently battling 2 or 3 new cankers in my mouth. I had one I thought just healed, but guess 2 new just showed up, grrrr!  had some spicy foods last nite, and also an alcoholic cider drink? Maybe that was just all too much for my mouth.

I found this article and thought it was very interesting and informative. I have been useing Burts Bees toothpaste for about 6 months as that s SLS free, I did notice a decrease in canker sores, but as you'll see there can obviously be many different suspected causes.

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-canker-sores.htm

I want to look into those Rembrandt and Sensodyne toothpastes, has anyone else tried those?!

The Benadryl swishing is interesting, I will have to try that too. I have used alum on my cankers sometimes, it burns quite a bit but I think it may help. You can find it in the spices section of your grocery stores, its used for pickling and preserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment