Saturday, October 23, 2010

BOOK: Alternative Cures That Really Work

Compare therapies at a glance

I just finished this book. I only read through the chapters that pertained to my ailments, but I found it VERY worthwhile! I got it from the library, but went out and bought my own copy to have :) It takes 110 common alternative therapies and looks at scientific research on them for 21 different ailments. It rates them on a scale of 1-5 stars on how successful they were in scientific studies. It then will tell you also about possible side effects, where to find/what kind/guidances in locating.

The book was written as a collaboration between two doctors, Ronald Hoffman, MD - who is medical director of the Hoffman Center, one of New York City's preeminent complementary care facilities. And Barry Fox, PhD - author of "The Arthritis Cure" and editor-in-chief of the Nutraceutical Report.

What I found very interesting on a personal level was that for most of my ailments (fibromyalgia, insomnia, migraines) acupuncture rated very high on the list of successful therapies. I now have this on my radar to look into for 2011 :) Anyone else tried acupuncture for fibro?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment