Friday, November 29, 2013

Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia?

I've always held the theory that my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue has been hereditary and lying dormant, and was kicked into full gear when I was bit by tick and faced Lyme Disease attack (stressor) on my body in 2009. Looking back now, I don't think I had the traditional "bullseye" rash but just a big pink blot. Thus I delayed treatment, even diagnosis for the Lyme Disease. It took 4 months to get a diagnosis of Lyme Disease, then fibro and chronic fatigue.

Long story short, I still keep one eye out on Lyme Disease research, studies and community involvement.

When I was diagnosed in South Florida with Lyme Disease it was very hard to find treatment, get any straight answers. I was told Lyme Disease is not common in Florida, in fact many doctors didn't even believe I had it.

I recently came across some articles on a brave young woman, also a Lyme Disease sufferer, who is working to promote better research and education on Lyme Disease, especially in Florida:


An upcoming symposium on Lyme Disease at The University of Florida:




Has anyone else had experience with Lyme and Fibro / Chronic Fatigue?

No comments:

Post a Comment