Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Studies on CFS Treatments

Great article on some new research just published on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The article details how light exercise and/or a change in mental attitude coupled with the standard treatments provide better relief of CFS.

http://www.healthscout.com/news/1/650067/main.html?ic=6009

I have to agree with the studies. I do yoga twice a week, and I have read several books (Fibrowhyalgia, by Sue Ingebretson and How to Be Sick, by Toni Bernhard) which have helped me achieve a positive attitude about dealing with my CFS and fibromyalgia. I also found an online group, www.chronicbabe.com, which is an AWESOME positive environment of supportive women and information. They help keep me positive on a daily basis.

While I am not "cured" of CFS, and I am still exhausted at times, I do know that the therapies I mentioned above have made improvements in how I feel, and have helped me live a more normal life and participate in it more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment