Sunday, January 9, 2011

Start Preparing!

"The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Gandhi


When I was first diagnosed with fibro I was angry, I was going through the "why me." I was also really upset because when the symptoms first started showing up I was actually at the healthiest I've ever been in my life! I had been eating very healthy, had lost weight and was exercising a good deal. After a while of trying to understand the fibro, I started to realize that being at my healthiest when fibro hit actually helped give me more strength to take in on and be better prepared. I affirmed to get back into my healthy mode, because whether or not I had fibro I was going to at least try and be as healthy as I can again. Going back down the healthy path of living has helped me so much in feeling better and dealing with the fibro, and it wasn't such a difficult thing to start doing again, since I had done it once before. I of course just modify my eating and exercising to align with fibro constraints.

I also recently learned that a friend has been diagnosed with cancer and dealing with the chemo and treatments. She is now, thankfully, in remission. But she too has a blog, to share her updates with family and friends. And amazingly I read the same realization in her blog. That she was a healthy person, eating right and exercising and really taking care of herself, when the cancer struck. And she wondered why, and then realized that living the healthy life had prepared her for taking on cancer and beating it.

So our message is to everyone, fibro or not, cancer or not, that living a healthy lifestyle helps you to prepare for whatever may come down your path. So tell everyone you know to Start Preparing!

No comments:

Post a Comment