Monday, May 31, 2010

Upper cervical adjustments for fibromyalgia and CFS?

I have read about this in several resources, so thought I'd share it here. It involves chiropractic care, for those interested. It sounds like a good theory and has worked for a wide number of people for various ailments in addition to fibromylagia (migraines, epilepsy, hypertension, TMJ, ADD, herniated disks, allergies etc.). Basically, this adjustment re-aligns the top two vertebrae of the spine, the atlas (C1) and the axis (C2). Simply put, it restores the body balance and brain-to-body communication so that organs, limbs, and tissues can resume normal functioning. It can take several sessions, depending on the person. It is first determined through x-rays. Some trauma to the body usually brings on this mis-alignment, whether its an accident, emotional trauma or toxicity in the body.

More info:

http://www.erinelster.com/articles.aspx?ArticleID=275

Find a doctor in your area:

http://uppercervical.org/

Please remember to consult your physician before trying anything new. I am not a doctor and no information should be considered medical advice. Any information provided should not be used to take the place of advice from your personal physician or other professional. Links to other sites are provided for ease of research. Information on those sites is the opinion of those who publish the sites and is NOT necessarily that of FibroChick. I offer what I can as help. I believe in educating myself on all my medical issues and being my own advocate, for no one else will do that on my behalf. I recommend we all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment