Monday, May 3, 2010

XMRV testing anyone?!

Has anyone been tested for XMRV? I been reading more and more about it lately in
articles, and I have known there is a hereditary influence with the
fibro/cfs/autoimmune because my Mom also has, BUT I read an article which has
also linked fm/cfs AND prostate cancer to the XMRV virus. My Dad had prostate cancer.

http://wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html

I am wondering if I should get tested for the XMRV. Not sure which doc would
test?

I swear, sometimes I start feeling like a doctor, all the medical stuff I read
and try to digest and interpret! Anyone else?!?

Please remember to consult your physician before trying anything new. I am not a doctor and no information should be considered medical advice. Any information provided should not be used to take the place of advice from your personal physician or other professional. Links to other sites are provided for ease of research. Information on those sites is the opinion of those who publish the sites and is NOT necessarily that of FibroChick. I offer what I can as help. I believe in educating myself on all my medical issues and being my own advocate, for no one else will do that on my behalf. I recommend we all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment