Monday, August 15, 2011

Refreshing Papaya Watermelon Mocktail

I discovered this quick, easy and tasty recipe in a recent issue of Whole Living magazine (http://www.wholeliving.com/) (recipe by Charlotte March)

I tried it out this weekend and it is so refeshing and I love that it is healthy too! I suppose you could add a splash of alcohol to it, but eh, virgin is good enough for me!

It offers vitamins A and C, high fiber content good for digestion (papaya), anti-imflammatory cartenoids (from the jalapenos), and is ultra-hydrating (watermelon).

TO MAKE:

Puree 3/4 cup diced papaya, 1 cup diced watermelon, 1 tbsp lime juice, and 1/2 red jalapeno (sliced, seeded if desired to reduce heat) in a blender until smooth. Strain and chill. Service over ice and garnish with a slice of the lime and jalapeno.

The jalapeno does make it super spicy, the second time I made it I substituted fresh chopped mint for the jalepeno, and was just and good and refreshing!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment