Friday, April 30, 2010

Good Books About FIbromyalgia

I have bought so many books about fibro really trying to get a grip on all this. I read this one, but it seemed kind of vague, but it was a good introduction to AutoImmune Disease and a good overview on everything. I can def see how this is a genetic thing, seeing my Mother and Aunts and Grandmothers symptoms in a lot of these diseases talked about:

Women and Autoimmune Disease: The Mysterious Ways Your Body Betrays Itself


When looking for books specifically addressing fibromyalgia I really wanted ones written by someone who has FM. It seems to me that unless you have it, you don't really get it! And I am impressed that even with fibro they were able to write their books. That's awesome. I have really taken my time to read through these, take notes, highlight, dog ear pages, go back to again and again etc. The two best references I have found for fibro have been:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fibromyalgia, 2nd Edition

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fibromyalgia, 2nd Edition

The First Year: Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed

The First Year: Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed

Next I need to tackle books on chronic fatigue. But I am too tired to do that today. (ha ha funny joke!) :) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment