Friday, April 30, 2010

Tried Zanaflex!

Ok so a big debacle with trying to get Lunesta. Even though my doctor wrote me a script for it and recommends I try it, my insurance company is going to decide if they will let me try it. And they will take their sweet little time to make that decision. Maybe they have to go out and get their medical degree, that would be nice. Anyhoo! So my doc called in Zanaflex for me. I tried it last nite (4mg). It is a muscle relaxer that has been used to help those with migraines and fibromyalgia, I know that I tense up and grind my teeth at night, so I am sure that is contributing to my sleeping issues. But the zanaflex seems good, I think there is hope! I will try just the 2mg tonight. The 4mg was powerful, I am a bit groggy this a.m. But I do feel I got some good sleep. I remember lots of dreams! I can't remember the last time I had a bunch of dreams. I do wonder though, since I have not slept good for the past 9 months, how long it would take me to catch up on restorative sleep?  I'm curious how all that works. I read somewhere once to think of it as "sleep debt" -- (and this may help explain to others my tiredness) say you need 8 hours of sleep a night to feel restored and have enough energy for the following day. Ok so maybe I slept 8 hours but only got like 2 hours of good sleep. So I have 6 hours of sleep that I behind and owe myself. And so each night I keep accruing more sleep debt! I think I owe myself a lot by now :) Anyhoo, will keep you apprised as to how this zanaflex is working. There is a generic form so I was able to get it rather inexpensively.

Please remember to consult your physician before trying anything new. I am not a doctor and no information should be considered medical advice. Any information provided should not be used to take the place of advice from your personal physician or other professional. Links to other sites are provided for ease of research. Information on those sites is the opinion of those who publish the sites and is NOT necessarily that of FibroChick. I offer what I can as help. I believe in educating myself on all my medical issues and being my own advocate, for no one else will do that on my behalf. I recommend we all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment