Thursday, September 9, 2010

Massage for Fibromyalgia

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/fibromyalgia/a/fibromyalgia_massage.htm?nl=1

Some studies have shown that massage on a regular basis can have neurological, psychological and reflexive effects to help reduce depression, ease inflammation and pain, lessen stress and tension, promote relaxation, increase muscular relaxation, mobilize fluids and eliminate toxins and even help with sleep. Studies have also shown it to stimulate the release of endorphins and increase serotonin levels and lower blood pressure. Touch has a long history of being a natural, essential component of healing and health maintenance and can help increase positive well-being.

I make it a point to go to Massage Envy (they are located all over the U.S.) once a month for a massage. I have found several therapists there who are familiar with helping trea fibro. I am able to tolerate a light massage and I can feel the benefits of it in helping me unwind, de-stress, refresh my muscles, and I feel it helps get toxins out of my muscles. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment