Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Please Don't Judge Me

Its tough wanting to do more than I know I am able. I have pushed myself and then been sorry the next day, and days after. Its tougher to try and explain to friends why I cannot go out one night but can go out another. When you are always tired and your feet feel like walking on hot glass after standing on them for just 5 minutes, you start to look at outings differently. And you start planning your week differently. Doctors don't understand fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, I don't understand fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, so how do I explain it to my friends and family? I wish they would just let *me* decide when I can and cannot go out, what I can and cannot do. I feel like I am always being judged and not being accepted for who I am. It seems just when I am having a good day and feel I have things under control other start to voice their *opinions* on the way I am living. Especially in South Florida, so many people here are SO judgemental and superficial, it is such a shame. Just accept me for who I am, and instead of reminding me that I am sick and saying "I hope you feel better" please just say "I hope you are having a good day" -- as I will never *feel better* but I WILL have good days and bad days. And let me decide my lifestyle, as unfortunately it is a day-to-day thing I am learning to try and balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment