Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick, Easy and HEALTHY Brownies!

I have made a big effort towards healthy eating because I have noticed the better I eat the better I feel. I discovered this brownie recipe, and yes I too was skeptical, until I made a batch! And I even had friends over at the time and had them try them, THEN I told them the ingredients! They were flabbergasted, NEVER would have guessed.

You get your chocolate fix, as well as a
GOOD dose or fiber and a GOOD dose or protein!!

I like to make them in the mini-muffin tins, so they are bite sized for a small snack. And I'll pop in the microwave for a few secs for warm brownies :) They freeze well too.

1 box of brownie mix (any)
1 can black beans
walnuts (optional)


Drain the black bean juice from the black beans (this gets rid of 70% of the sodium in black beans!) and then fill the can of beans (beans included) with water. Puree/liquify.

Then mix the pureed black beans with your brownie mix and bake as directed on your brownie mix! They come out real chewy fudge-y like. Sometimes I'll add 4 oz of unsweetened applesauce to the mix.

YUM! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment