Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dehydration

For some reason, ever since the fibro disgnosis, I've been super thirsty. Its weird. I mean I do drink a LOT of water daily, as I have noticed the more water I drink the better it makes me feel/less pains. But I seem to always feel thirsty no matter how much I drink :(  I found this blurb online, and like the all-natural drink mix recipe for helping replace electrolytes, as I find Gatorade waaaaay too sweet and sugary!

http://www.doc20.com/disease/dehydration/

"If you suspect you are becoming dehydrated, with signs such as excessive thirst, dry mouth, decreased urination, weakness, or feelings of lethargy or lightheadedness, you can take an oral electrolyte formula such as Gatorade. Or you can make the following mixtures:
  • First glass: ounces of orange or apple juice, ½ teaspoon honey or corn syrup, and a pinch of salt.
  • Second glass: 8 ounces of water and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda"

No comments:

Post a Comment